High quality products and software are a hallmark of Dynamit. As such, Quality Assurance Automation Specialists at Dynamit work closely with all members of the project team to help define what successful, quality solutions mean to Dynamit. This is done by helping to clarify business requirements; determining the automated testing approach; helping determine which tools will best suit the project and setting up that tooling in a repeatable, scalable way; working with the development team to help define markup appropriately; and reporting out progress to the team. All QA specialists at Dynamit are expected to have experience and proficiency with manual testing. Because of this it is an expectation that all candidates are able to create thoughtful and thorough test plans, call out project risks, remove roadblocks, triage and prioritize defects, and present to and train clients.
- Make technical recommendations for automated testing solution based on project constraints
- Set up and manage automated testing solution
- Define automated testing approach and communicate why the approach was chosen for the client / project
- Design, write, and execute automated testing scripts
- Develop and communicate meaningful reporting on test results
- Design test plans that reflect all business requirements of the application and provide coverage of both positive and negative paths.
- Prioritize defects in order to minimize defects shipped to client or production environments
- Discover all critical and high defects prior to production with the goal of zero rollbacks
- Successfully lead the UAT processes with both client and project teams.
- Clearly communicate testing status, roadblocks, dependencies and escalates risks to the PM/Lead/PGD.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years in software/digital Quality Assurance with 3 years of that work being Automation based
- Experience setting up automated testing tooling for both greenfield and existing web and mobile projects
- Experience writing, executing, and reporting on automated tests
- Experience executing manual test plans for small and large scale applications
- Experience testing responsive websites, ecommerce solutions, mobile applications, and custom software
- Ability to recommend automated technologies based on past experience
- Experience with Test Management Software such as X-Ray highly desirable
- Experience with GIT and JIRA is highly desirable
- Ability to think critically and to solve complex problems autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passion for digital and technology
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience working in a team setting
This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Dynamit is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must provide legal documentation of eligibility to work in the United States. Dynamit participates in E-Verify.