Architects at Dynamit play a critical role in understanding the client, their business, their objectives and goals, and the problems they are trying to solve. Architects identify, plan, and craft solutions in collaboration with design and engineering teams. Architects at Dynamit are client-facing and responsible for solution feasibility and extensibility. We're currently looking for a Senior/Lead Architect to join our team.
- Excellent problem solving skills; the ability to understand and solve problems with creative solutions that align with client goals and objectives.
- The ability to think critically and ask questions.
- Prior experience defining requirements for web and/or mobile app projects.
- Experience working closely with clients; experience leading the discovery process and client presentations.
- An understanding of data, structuring data, and relational databases.
- Comprehension of business process and the ability to define, communicate, and document business processes.
- An understanding of the topic of user experience (UX); the ability to define user flows and lead a UX design process.
- The ability to consider, and plan for, edge cases and potential risks within a project.
- Experience with wireframing and/or prototyping.
- An understanding of web services and services oriented architectures (SOA).
- A curiosity and interest in many different industries, technologies, and businesses.
- The ability and desire to learn new things quickly.
- Extensive experience as a software developer building web-based and/or mobile applications.
- An understanding of software development life-cycle (SDLC) and experience working in one or more software development methodologies.
- Experience with UML.
- Working knowledge of SQL and database design.
- Experience with enterprise business applications (e.g. ERP, MRP, etc).
- Experience with enterprise IT applications (e.g. ESB, MDM, Data Warehousing).
- Experience with InDesign.
- Attend client meetings; lead discovery process; gain knowledge of our clients' businesses; lead client presentations.
- Work with client and project teams to define feature sets and feature prioritization for applications that align with client strategy.
- Deliver well-written user stories and functional requirements.
- Create wireframes; collaborate with visual design team to lead a user experience design process and create UXD deliverables.
- Lead the definition and documentation of detailed software requirements.
- Be the owner of the complete solution; define what "should be;" share that vision with internal and external teams.
- Work with design and development teams to create solutions that are in line with time and budget constraints.
- This position may require some travel (10% - 20%)
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, dental and life insurance - Dynamit covers 100% of premiums for employees and chips in with 40% coverage for dependents
- 401(k) matching program
- Parking in the Arena District for use any time completely covered by Dynamit
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Profit sharing program (inducted after 1 year employed)
- National holidays + a flexible PTO policy that we trust our team to use as they need
- Great hardware, technology and peripherals to help us be productive
- Opportunities to learn, grow and attend industry conferences and events
- Group and team activities
- An office so amazing our clients travel to have meetings here
- Work side-by-side with people who are committed to each other and what they do
- An opportunity to make a difference both in our company and with our clients in their industries
This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Dynamit is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must provide legal documentation of eligibility to work in the United States. Dynamit participates in E-Verify.