Dynamit is looking for a driven self-starter with experience leading and growing software delivery teams in the product or consulting space. This position manages employees from technical disciplines and is responsible for assisting in recruiting for their discipline, influencing resourcing and assignments, managing reviews, career path development and general team support. A Team Director is responsible for the day-to-day activities and guidance of their team members. The team director sets targets, implements guidelines, and assists with any issues their team members may have. The Team Director ensures that all members understand Dynamit’s vision and core values and ensures alignments with those objectives. The Team Director monitors associate performance to provide continuous feedback related to role level expectations. The Team Director will foster a cohesive, creative, and comfortable working environment, mediating any interpersonal issues within the team. They provide leadership and direction where necessary. This position reports to the Senior Team Director. Team directors: • Implement team goals or objectives • Supervise, train or guide team members • Mediate any interpersonal issues • Inspire and motivate team members • Provide effective feedback •Manage and optimize team utilization • Expertise in a technical discipline (front-end, back-end, or mobile) • Be knowledgeable about each team members job role
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in policy and company strategic plan development.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics.
- Motivate team members.
- Discover training needs and provide coaching.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking.
- Suggest and organize team building activities.
- Inform and train sales staff on discipline capabilities.
- Support and collaborate with team to deliver on the ask of the new business team when a new sales opportunity is presented.
- Responsible to make decisions regarding staffing & profitability.
- Identify appropriate staffing needs for your team and discipline accountabilities based on current and forecasted work.
- Ensure team members are aligned with the overall direction of the company.
- Understand and communicate the vision for the company and how the individual fits into that vision.
- Understand and demand adherence to the company’s core values.
- Monitor team financial performance by reviewing monthly financial reports and providing analysis to senior team director in preparation for management meetings, including utilization, headcount/FTE, expenses, profitability at various levels and related statistics.
- Work with the practice group director team to address productivity issues, workload management needs and staffing plans.
- Direct and prioritize the workload of team members.
- Represent the discipline accountabilities at sales presentations when appropriate.
- Perform salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience within information technology.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience managing technology teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical Capability.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Customer/Client Focus.
Nice to Haves
- Prior digital agency or consulting experience is a plus.
This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Dynamit is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must provide legal documentation of eligibility to work in the United States. Dynamit participates in E-Verify.